Postproduction

by Chris

Rotstock/Eiger
Once in a while I try to write in English which is quite challenging as I’m not a native English speaker. It’s a good exercise though and I’ll try my best – promised! At least I can say you’ve been warned and you may encounter some adventurous modifications of grammar... Enough said and let’s get into the real topic: climbing and writing about!

Writing blogs I often get trapped by the concept of telling my experiences and stories in a chronological order. And sometimes very detailed, maybe even to narrow. 

Waterfall at Gimmelwald
In the meantime I’ve realized that it bored me in a way that I wrote less and less. Don’t get me wrong, telling stories is great! And it’s also me who loves reading about others experiences. Well written stories are the source of inspiration and dreams.

It’s more the style of writing I like to change. Reviewing my own articles and stories I often find the description of finishing a project in a similar fashion. 

First I see and try a new project of which I think I can never do. Then I wonder about the process and progress which includes the need to change something in my life and eventually after many days of failure I can’t stop wondering that I can sent. 
Cèüze

Although I’ve to admit that this is my own and real experience and even now – writing these sentences – I still wonder about some realization, I find it a refreshing change from telling the mere history and procedures of finishing one project into describing thoughts, feelings, observations or actual peculiarities or specialties of both my own and others but also worldwide climbing. Personal opinions included. 

What? Aaarghhh!, you may think, having a well-known Swedish guy in mind. No worries, not this style… :) 

I love provocations, but they should have a basis. 

More to come.

Kommentare

Markus hat gesagt…
Amazing pictures! Great! Gives the feeling that you were absolutely lucky when you took the pictures!
Chris hat gesagt…
Und wie Markus und wie...! Weil meine Mundphysiognomie natürlich begrenzt ist, kann ich gar nicht so breit lächeln wie ich möchte. Ich kann jedem Menschen so wuderbare Momante nur wünschen!